Coffee effects are still unknown to most people who relish the taste of coffee. They don’t know about the negative and positive effects of this drink on the human body. Though it is the most loved drink in the world, like any other thing it also has pros and cons.
Do you ever think about how many cups of coffee you should have per day? Can coffee become an addiction? Is consuming too much coffee affecting your health? What are the benefits of coffee? Let’s find out.
What are the key bnefits of coffee?
Firstly, coffee tastes good. Besides that, it also has some vital health benefits that you should know. If you are a coffee lover, you will be happy to know about these benefits of coffee.
1. Coffee alerts your brain
It is known to all that a cup of coffee can re-energize you and increase your concentration. This thing happens because caffeine helps our brain cells to work more and improve overall brain function.
2. Makes you happy
Not only taste but caffeine is biologically proven for lifting mood. If you are in such a bad mood, you can try a cup of fine coffee. It also helps with depression
3. Increases your metabolism
Coffee increases metabolism by 11%. and eventually it is good for your health.
4. Helps you to work better
Caffeine increases your strength and delays fatigue so that you can work better and exercise easily.
5. Protects from some serious illness
Daily caffeine intake can protect you from several heart diseases as well as type 2 diabetes. It can also lower the risk of stroke.
6. Burn fat
Daily caffeine intake can increase the fat burning process in the body by 10% in obese people and 20%-29% in normal people.
7. Source of some essential nutrients
Coffee contains Vitamin B2, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B3, Manganese and potassium. All of them are essential to the human body.
8. Protects from Alzheimer’s and Dementia
These are two medical states that usually people witness after the age of 65. Having a cup of coffee daily along with healthy eating and good exercise can prevent these states.
9. Can protect your liver
Recent studies have shown that people who have more than 1 or 2 cups of coffee per day have a lower risk of liver disease by 40%-50%.
10. Great source of antioxidants
According to studies, people can have more antioxidants from coffee than fruits and veggies. It helps to keep your skin glowing.
These were the 10 key benefits of having a cup of coffee daily. Impressive? so, if you want to know about the best coffee brands in India and buy that, click here. And if you are confused about how to choose the perfect coffee that matches your taste, click here to get the total guidance.
It was about the bright sides of coffee, but, what are the dark sides? Let’s check out the negative effects of coffee on our bodies.
Nagative coffee effects
- 1. If you are having more than 3 cups per day, you might be inviting an early death.
- 2. Caffeine can increase blood pressure. Increased blood pressure can lead you to several health issues.
- 3. It can help develop breast cysts among women.
- 4. It is a major reason for insomnia. As caffeine alarms mind cells, you will not be able to sleep properly if you have too much of it.
- 5. Coffee can cause indigestion.
- 6. It can reduce fertility in women.
- 7. It increases the risk of miscarriage aster conceiving. After conceiving, it is highly recommended to quit coffee. You can quit it when you start family planning to avoid the withdrawal symptoms while pregnancy.
- 8. It can worsen menopausal symptoms.
- 9. It can be the reason for anxiety disorder, panic attacks etc and affect your mental health as well as the nervous system.
- 10. It can cause headaches and worsen migraines.
Can coffee become an addiction?
Caffeine dependency can be the worst negative coffee effect on human body. Many people who love to have coffee sometimes have a question in their mind that they are getting addicted to coffee? Can coffee be addictive? In short, the answer is yes. Coffee contains caffeine that affects our brain cells to alarm us. It is a natural substance that creates a special state in mind. If you start to intake caffeine regularly, especially more than two cups per day, your body, especially your brain cells will be addicted to that state. It is not clear how many days your body will need to be dependent on caffeine. In some cases, the dependency can start after 6 to 8 months of daily consumption or it can take years. Sometimes your body can be dependent on coffee after 3-6 months. It varies depending on your genetics, age and other daily habits.
When can you understand that your body is getting addicted to coffee?
Many people ask this question that how can they understand that their body is getting dependent on coffee. There are several signals that you should consider.
- 1. You will be having intense cravings for coffee after every 10-14 hours.
- 2. You will feel low without your coffee.
- 3. Your concentration will start to break after 10-14 hours after your last caffeine intake and you will start feeling dizzy.
If you have started witnessing these symptoms, you should understand that your body is getting addicted to caffeine and it calls for action.
Does caffeine dependency have withdrawal syndrome?
Yes, like any other addiction, caffeine addiction also has withdrawal syndrome. But luckily, it lasts for 10 to 12 days and goes to the pick after just 2-3 days. So, what are the caffeine withdrawal symptoms ? let’s check out.
Caffeine withdrawal symptoms are
- Fatigue feeling
- Mood swings
- Acute depression for 10-15 days
- Concentration deficiency
- Low energy to work
- Morning sickness ( If you were habituated to morning coffee)
These were the vital caffeine withdrawal symptoms that people usually face, but a person can feel better after 10 days as these symptoms don’t last more than 10-15 days.
How can you lower the dependency of your body on caffeine
If you are getting addicted to coffee, the first question of yours would be, how can you lower the dependency. To lower the dependency on caffeine you should go through the following steps.
- Take advice from your doctor
- Drink more water
- Replace your coffee with other options like herbal tea, green tea or any other thing.
- Do some exercises to stimulate your body.
Coffee effects can be both positive and negative. It is important to drink within limit. You can easily enjoy 3 to 4 cups of coffee a week.
Now, if you want to know how can you choose a perfect cup of coffee for yourself, click here
Did I miss something that you want to know about coffee? Let me know in the comment section.