Sweet ginger candies are the best way to eat ginger. Ginger has a lot of benefits for the human body, but sometimes, it becomes difficult to consume this daily without ruining its nutrition values. before going to the recipe and other things, let’s have a look at the health benefits of ginger.
Health Benefits of ginger
1. Ginger is really helpful in nausea and morning sickness. This is the main reason why some people prefer ginger tea in the morning. It is also useful in pregnancy.
2. Many people use ginger for weight loss. Previously, some studies have shown that ginger can help with obesity and other weight-related issues. Ginger water or ginger extract are specially used to reduce weight.
3. Ginger can help you with joint pains, especially, Osteoarthritis.
6. Ginger is good for heart health as it lowers blood sugar levels. According to some previous studies, ginger improves heart health.
7. Ginger speeds up digestion and help to fight indigestion.
8. Ginger is effective in fighting menstrual pain. Studies have shown that having ginger significantly lower the pain.
9. It decreases the bad cholesterol in our body and keeps our hearts healthy.
10. Gingerol is an element that is found in raw ginger and it helps to fight some types of cancer, especially colorectal cancer.
11. Ginger boosts brain functions and helps your brain to work better. It can also help to fight some mental illnesses such as Alzheimer’s.
12 It helps to stop some bacterial growth such as Salmonella and helps to prevent infection.
Though ginger health benefits are quite impressive, eating ginger while keeping its natural values intact is not an easy task. That’s when ginger candies have come to solve this issue.
How to make ginger candies at home?
It is not difficult to make these amazing candies at home. Let’s check out the steps of making candied ginger at home.
1. Peel medium or small ginger and peel it. Slice it in thin and even slices. Do not slice it too thin or too thick.
2. Put the ginger slices in a pot and cover them with water and some salt. Put the pot on the gas oven and boil it in simmer for around 30 minutes.
3. Keep the ginger water for later. You can also use the water for ginger tea later.
4. Put the sliced ginger, some ginger water and sugar in a pot. You will need a good amount of sugar for this.
5. Let the pot put on the oven uncovered and stir it often. The heat will be on simmer and medium.
6. Let it be like that until the sugar turns into syrup and the mixture gets thick.
7. Drain the syrup and lay the ginger slices over a cookie sheet on a cooling rack. Separate the slices one from another.
8. Let the ginger set there for around 2 hours so that it can get sticky and then toss them in a bowl of powdered sugar.
9. Lay the coated pieces on the cooling rack overnight.
10. Enjoy the sweet ginger candies for months. Don’t forget to keep it in a cool and dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions about ginger candies
Do ginger candies have all the health benefits of ginger?
In short, yes. Ginger candies have the health benefits of ginger. It can help you with digestion and menstrual cramps, nausea, morning sickness etc. It has the same benefits as ginger.
How many ginger candies can someone consume per day?
There are no fixed limitations. You can eat 2 to 10 of these candies per day. These are always beneficial to your health. If you go for my suggestion, I do not prefer overdoing anything. So, I do not consume more than 5 of these candies per day.
Do ginger candies have any side effects?
Like any other thing, ginger also has some side effects like increased bleeding tendency, diarrhoea, rashes, abdominal discomfort. An overdose can cause cardiac arrhythmias, negative effects on the central nervous system etc. It is recommended to consume 5 grams of ginger per day. These symptoms will only take place if you are over-consuming ginger. Otherwise, it is only beneficial if you are not allergic to it.
Do ginger candies help to lose weight?
Ginger has a significant benefit of weight loss. Though ginger candies have every quality of ginger, yes it will help but the significance will decrease as the candies are quoted by sugar.
How to store candied ginger?
Once prepared, store it in a cool and dry place. A refrigerator is the best option to store candied ginger. You can eat it for three months. Make sure to store it in an airtight container so that it will be perfectly fine to eat for around two years.
Are ginger candies good for oral health?
Ginger candies can reduce oral bacteria to improve your oral health. It has anti-inflammatory properties that are good for oral tissues. In one word, ginger candies are good for your oral health.
Can ginger candies cure cough?
Ginger is a famous homemade remedy for cough. You can chew 3 to 5 ginger candies a day to get some relief from cough. It naturally makes your body heated from inside. This is the main reason it is ideal for freezing winter days.
Are ginger candies sweet?
Yes, because of the sugar syrup, it feels sweet. Not only sweet, but it also has a unique taste that usually people love to have.
Ginger is one of those elements that mother nature gave us to protect ourselves from several health issues. If consumes in the right way, it can help you in different ways. On the other hand, it is not recommended to consume more than 5mg of ginger per day. Ginger candies are undoubtedly the best way to eat ginger. It has a nice taste that gives your taste buds a treat. You can also try other ways to consume ginger such as ginger tea. For now, prepare sweet ginger candies at home today and enjoy the taste.